Keynote Speaking on Management Effectiveness
For Today’s Busy Professionals Who Have to Learn More, Faster Just to Keep Up!
So, here’s the challenge. If it takes too long to deliver a presentation or, if the information is not practical, the audience tunes out.
But, if you don’t provide the learning, people will not gain valuable skills.
The solution? Provide a highly focused presentation that is a single piece of useable, “How to…” advice targeted to the audience’s specific need.
That’s what we provide in our keynote presentations. Programs that are light on minutes but heavy on content.
Today’s learners prefer bite-sized learning to longer courses. They have good reasons—limited free time and too many demands for that time. They want to learn in bite-sized chunks—at their place, at their pace, and at the time they need it. An apt analogy is searching YouTube® for a video on plumbing. Few of us allocate time to study how to be a DYI plumber. But, when there is a leak, we want quick advice to handle that specific problem. The solution? A YouTube search for just-in-time learning.
Today’s busy learner thinks in thin slices. How to resolve one problem before having to move on to the next. Our keynote presentations address this one-at-a-time and right-now need.
Is a keynote presentation long enough? Yes! These presentations do not try to do more than we can promise, and the promise is to go narrow on the topic and deep enough to provide actionable solutions. In these presentations, we avoid teaching a generic program for a generic audience.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Most Requested Presentations
Over the years, Mike’s students have complained about similar issues from their real-world work lives. These persistent problems are the focus of Mike’s presentations,
- Freaked Out! Working with people who are upset—really upset. Understand why stakeholders get upset and how to lower their outrage.
- Work It Out! Collaborative negotiation skills when things get sticky. Negotiating what you want while preserving working relationships at the same time.
- Diagnosing and Treating Conflict! The best success techniques Mike has learned in 20 plus years of mediating disputes. Discover the root causes of a conflict and then what you can do about it.
- Presentations that Persuade! How to talk when the heat is on. Designing and delivering oral remarks that motivate action.
- Presenting When There is No Time to Prepare! Impromptu speaking models to use when you need to speak ‘off the cuff’ and come across as credible, informed, and persuasive.
- Getting the Media to Say What You Want! How to survive the news media interview. Know what to say and how to say it.
- One Page Briefings That Persuade! Get your written message across in a hurry and make it stick. Communicate with people who are too darn busy to read your information.
- Mastering Online Meetings for Staff! Designing and leading meetings that accomplish real work. Fix crummy virtual meetings—the ones that are all talk but no action.
- Mastering Online Meetings for Executives! Setting up your virtual teams for success. If you supervise people who lead virtual meetings—what you should have them do and what you should do to support them.
- How to Put a Flip Chart into Your Next Online Meeting! How much would your virtual meetings improve if there was a way to use a flip chart? Bring the advantages of a flip chart into your online meetings with readily available software.